Distinc.tt announces the first ever “Gayest Dessert” contest open to the public, judged by some of today’s top gay and lesbian celebrity chefs, TV personalities and culinary tastemakers, such as Anita Lo (Annisa, “Iron Chef America,” “Top Chef Masters”), Bret Thorn (Nation’s Restaurant News), and Zac Young (“Top Chef Just Desserts,” and David Burke Group).1
Distinc.tt will choose 10 finalists for the judge’s ultimate vote at the end of February, 2014.
The impressive lineup of judges includes:
- Zac Young, pastry chef David Burke group and past contestant of Top Chef Just Desserts
- Bret Thorn, senior food editor of Nation’s Restaurant News
- Anita Lo, owner & Executive Chef of Michelin Star restaurant Annisa, contestant on Food Network's "Iron Chef America," and Bravo's "Top Chef Masters
- Pichet Ong, award winning pastry chef and author, and resident judge of “Cake Wars” and “Sugar Dome” on Food Network
- Ric Orlando, Winner of Food TV Network’s “Chopped”
- Romulo Yanes, renowned commercial food photographer
- Nick Malgieri, author of many favorite books, Perfect Pastry, Great Italian Desserts, Cookies Unlimited, Perfect Cakes, and A Baker’s Tour.
- Paul Grimes, master food stylist and former senior editor, stylist for Gourmet Magazine
- Richard Frisbie, head baker at Hudson Valley Dessert Company, writer on food for EDGE
- Dale Schnell, executive chef of KTCHN restaurant and THE OUT HOTEL NYC
- Manos Angelakis, Senior Food & Wine writer, LuxuryWeb and The Oenophile Blog
Distinc.tt Distinc.tt is a new LGBT app that connects people to new friends,
places, and events tastefully, without focusing on hooking up.
“We created Distinc.tt so every LGBT person can make their social life a banquet, and every great banquet deserves a great dessert,” said Distinc.tt CEO, Michael Belkin.
Read more About Distinc.tt
How To Enter the Contest:
- Read complete details and rules at http://distinc.tt/contests/gayestdessert.html
- Follow Distinc.tt on Facebook and post a picture of your creation, with the hashtag #gayestdessertcontest
- Email additional photos of your creation, including name, recipe, and an optional brief (2-3 sentences) explanation or statement to GayestDessert@distinc.tt.
- Submission deadline is February 16, 2014 at 11:59pm EST
The winning dessert will be featured in THE OUT HOTEL’s KTCHN spring menu and featured on the Distinc.tt website. The winner will also enjoy a private pastry lesson in New York City with renowned Pastry Chef, Zac Young at David Burke Kitchen.
For complete details on how to enter and rules, see the Contest Page on the Distinc.tt website: http://distinc.tt/contests/gayestdessert.html
Pamela Johnston, Cloud 12
(646) 918-8812 x1201
For details and rules, see below.
- Entrants must be 12 years or older. Entrants 12-17 years old must have parental permission to enter.
- The use of illegal materials is not permitted.
- The submitted dessert must be an original creation of the submitter, who must own all rights to it.
- Immediate disqualification for vulgarity (link to unacceptable type submissions)
- Any travel, including travel to NYC for the winner, is the responsibility of the winner.